OUR LEGAL BASIS FOR PROCESSING
Under the UK General Data Protection Regulations (UKGDPR) there are various legal bases for the processing of personal data
- Consent: “Where you have freely given consent, specific, informed and unambiguous indication of the data subject’s wishes by which he or she, by a statement or by a clear affirmative action, signifies an agreement”. The withdrawal of consent should be made in writing and addressed to; firstname.lastname@example.org, this includes by clicking on the unsubscribe link at the bottom of any marketing email we send you. Consent is also requested from the parent or guardian to allow their child or dependent to access our app and provide data to our Company. Also, silenced, pre-ticked boxes or inactivity do not establish consent.
- Our legitimate business interests: Where processing is necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interests of the controller or a third party. The process is balanced against the interests, rights and freedoms of the data subject. The Company collects data to understand the customers and operate effectively, provided in each case that this is done in a legitimate way which does not unduly affect your privacy and other rights. Each data subject has the right to object, in which case the processing must stop unless Controller can demonstrate compelling legitimate grounds, which override the data subject’s interests rights and freedom.
- Lawful processing special categories of processing personal data: Prohibition on the use of special categories of personal data (now including genetic and biometric data) except in limited circumstances
(a) Explicit consent (except where the law states otherwise).
(b) Other limited reasons: Substantial public interest on basis of law (subject to the data subject’s rights).
(c) Legal Obligation: Where we are subject to a legal obligation and need to use your personal information in order to comply with that obligation.
What data we collect?
How do we collect your data?
You directly provide our Company with the data we collect. We collect data and process data when you:
- Use of view our website via your browser’s cookies and register with www.jarvistech.co.uk
How will we use your data?
Our Company collects your data so that we can:
- Fair process of your data, manage and analyse your data for marketing purposes, Your personal information as detailed above is used in the following ways; to provide you with a quote from us, to respond to your contact enquiry, to contact you about related products and/or services to your original enquiry as detailed in the Email Marketing section below, and your data will be used for no other purpose.The other information we collect from you as detailed above is used for the purposes of improving the user experience of our website, and checking performance
- Email you with services and offers we think you might like and sign up
- By signing up with our company and agree to provide data to our Company, we will share your data with our partner companies, so that they may offer to you of their products and services or analyse your data to offer customised products and services
We may also use your information for the purpose of Email Marketing directly from Jarvis Tech Limited. We will only contact you about enquiries related to your original submission e.g. if you submitted a form asking for information we may contact you about products/services or information relevant to that enquiry, or follow up on your original inquiry to check your satisfaction. We may also use the email address provided by you to make sure your information provided is still accurate and up to date, and remove your information from our systems if it is no longer accurate and/or relevant. Our Company would like to send you information about products and services ofo urs that we think you might like, as well as those of our partner companies, as list of partner companies canbe requested by email; email@example.com. If you have agreed to receive marketing, you may always opt out at a later date, please email the Company to remove any marketing data we may have collected about you.
KEY CONTACT DETAILS & REPORTING
What are your data protection rights?
Please be aware of your data protection rights. Your rights under the Data Protection Act 2018 and UKGDPR are listed below. Please contact our Data Protection Officer to discuss any of these rights and how we may assist: firstname.lastname@example.org
- The right of access: You have the right to ask our Company for copies of your personal information.
- The right to rectification: You have the right to request that our Company correct any information you believe is inaccurate. You also have the right to ask us to complete information you think is incomplete
- The right to erasure: You have the right to ask our Company to erase your personal information under certain circumstances.
- The right to object or restriction of processing: You have the right to request to our Company restrict the processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to data portability: You have the right to request that our Company’s transfer the data that we have collected to another organisation, or directly to you, under certain conditions. We will handle any request to exercise your rights in accordance with applicable law and any relevant legal exemptions. If you wish to exercise any of these rights please contact us using the contact details above.
- ICO: You also have the right to complain to a data protection authority (https://ico.org.uk) if you think we have processed your personal information in a manner that is unlawful or breaches your rights. If you have such concerns we request that you initially contact us (using the contact details above) so that we can investigate, and hopefully resolve, your concerns.
- We are registered with the ICO under the organisation name JARVIS TECH LIMITED.
DATA WE MAY COLLECT & LAWFUL PURPOSE OF YOUR DATA
This information is collected by you completing one of our on-site contact forms of purchasing products via the site for the purposes of:
- processing any order or enquiry from you
- processing your interest in us, whether as a potential employee or customer or supplier
- for statistical purposes to improve the services we provide
- to administer our business
- to notify you of topics that may be of interest to you
- completing or supporting any transaction or activity you have with us
- research and development
- tailoring the website for its visitors
- analysis and reporting
- to build records of individual visitors
- contacting our visitors for promotion of the site or products
What are cookies?
- Keeping you signed in
- Understanding how you use our website;
- Information about your device (including a unique device identifier or device ID), operating system and IP address;
- Your login information;
- Browser type and version;
- Information about your visit on our website, including URL, clickstream (i.e. your journey to through and from our site), length of visits to certain pages, and page interaction information;
- Information about your use of our app, for example, to distinguish you from other users, and to remember your preferences to helps us to provide you with a good experience when you use our website and also allows us to improve the website
- What types of cookies do we use? There are a number of different types of cookies, however, our website uses:
- Information about your use of our app, for example, to distinguish you from other users, and to remember your preferences to helps us to provide you with a good experience when you use our website and also allows us to improve the website.
- What types of cookies do we use? There are a number of different types of cookies, however, our website uses:
- Functionality- Our Company uses these cookies so that we recognise you on our website and remember your previously selected preferences. These could include what language you prefer and location you are in. A mix of first-party and third-party cookies are used.
- Advertising- Our Company uses these cookies to collect information about your visit to our website, the content you viewed, the links you followed and information about your browser, device, and your IP address. Our Company sometimes shares some limited aspects of this data with third parties for advertising purposes. We may also share online data collected through cookies with our advertising partners. This means that when you visit another website, you may be shown advertising based on your browsing patterns on our website.
The cookies we use fall into the following categories
- Session cookies: These allow our site to link your actions during a particular browser session. These expire each time you close your browser and do not remain on your device afterwards.
- Persistent cookies: These are stored on your device in between browser sessions. They allow your preferences or actions across the site to be remembered. These will remain on your device until they expire, or you delete them from your cache.
- Strictly necessary cookies: These cookies are essential for you to be able to navigate the site and use its features. Without these cookies, the services you have asked for could not be provided.
- Performance cookies: These cookies collect information about how you use our site, e.g. which pages you go to most often.
- Functionality cookies: These cookies allow the site to remember the choices you make (such as your user name, language, last action and search preferences) and provide enhanced, more personal features.
- How to manage cookies? f you do not wish for cookies to be installed on your device, you can change the settings on your browser or device to reject cookies. For more information about how to reject cookies using your internet browser settings please consult the Help section of your internet browser (or alternatively visit http://www.aboutcookies.org). Please note that, if you do set your Internet browser to reject cookies or otherwise withdraw your consent in relation to cookies, you may not be able to access all of the functions of the site
DATA STORAGE & SECURITY
Jarvis Tech Limited securely collects, stores, transfers your data in the UK. Any transfer of personal data which are undergoing processing or are intended for processing after transfer to a third country or to an international organisation or company shall ensure that the level of protection of natural persons is guaranteed by UKGDPR regulation and not undermined at any time. A transfer, or set of transfers may be made where the transfer is;
(1) Consent (explicit & informed of potential risks) Article 49 (1) (a);
(2) Contract performance Article (1)(b) (c), (e) and (g), the information on data transfer is also available at https://ico.org.uk/ for-organisations/dp-at-the-end-of-the-transition-period/data- protection-and-the-eu-in-detail/the- uk-gdpr/international-data-transfers/.
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
You agree that you do not object to us, or such third parties contacting you for any of the above purposes whether by telephone, e-mail or in writing and you confirm that you do not and will not consider any of the above as being a breach of any of your rights under the The Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2003 (the, “Directive”), and the General Data Protection Regulation 2018 (the, “GDPR”). You should be aware that if we are requested by the police or any regulatory or government authority investigating suspected illegal activities, to provide your user information and/or information concerning your activities whilst using this web site we shall do so. We also reserve the right to disclose individually identifiable information to third parties where a complaint arises concerning your use of this web site, and that use is deemed by us inconsistent with these terms.
DETAILS OF DATA TRANSFER
Your data will only ever be transferred via secure methods to ensure your data is safe and never passed to any unwarranted third parties, we generally transport your data via a SSL secured HTTPS connection, via TCP secured email, or via SFTP to our local backups. Your data will never be willingly passed to individuals/organisations/companies that do not comply with the GDPR.
RETENTION OF YOUR DATA
ACCURATE RECORD KEEPING
As mentioned in the Retention of Your Data section, we seek to ensure that the records kept are always accurate. This concludes of an annual email from us detailing the information we hold about you and requiring you to confirm the accuracy of the data, updating your data, or requesting to be removed from our systems. In the event that any of the data we hold about you is no longer accurate then you must contact us where possible to allow us to update our records and make sure any information we share with you is still relevant. You can do this by contacting us via email on email@example.com with 3 matching details of the information we hold and the details of the information requiring updating using the subject header “Update My Information”.
As detailed within the GDPR you have full rights to access for all of the information we hold about you. This can be retrieved free of charge and will contain a complete record of all the information the Site or Jarvis Tech Limited holds about you. This can be requested via emailing firstname.lastname@example.org with the email subject header “Data Access Request” and by providing reasonable proof of your identity. You also have the right to withdraw consent and complain (both detailed below) along with all other rights as declared by the GDPR. We do not dispute any of your rights and allow you to make any lawful request in-line with the GDPR.
If you no longer wish to receive information directly from Jarvis Tech Limited or our subsidiaries, then you are able to simply withdraw your consent. This can be done via providing information via email to email@example.com with the email subject header “Withdrawing Consent”.
Under GDPR you also now have the right to be forgotten, this consists of Jarvis Tech Limited and our subsidiaries ceasing contact with you and delete your information from our records. This can be done via email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the email subject header “Right To Be Forgotten”.
If you believe we have mistreated your information/data and wish to lodge a complaint you can do it in the following ways: You can register a complaint directly with us by email via email@example.com with the email subject header “Complaint”. We will respond to your inquiry within 48 hours. You can register a complaint directly with the ICO by following this guide https://ico.org.uk/concerns/.
AUTOMATED DECISION MAKING
Jarvis Tech Limited does not perform any automated decision making with client or third-party customer data.
The Site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of Jarvis Tech Limited partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that Jarvis Tech Limited does not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
TELEPHONE PREFERENCE SERVICE (TPS)